Monday, May 21, 2012

Oh I might have something to say after all

Geez I feel like a visitor on my own blog now. Before I started this post, I took some time to scan through all my previous blogposts and sadly noted that all I've written about since December 2009 is my injury. It's been that goddamn long. So many things have changed since then. I relocated to another continent, went through months of adjustment anxiety, quit my job because it was stressing the f*** (sorry) out of me, and felt quite shitty about not being able to run even half a mile before I clutched my leg in pain.

No, I still don't have a friggin clue what this injury is all about. I've been meted out many different diagnoses and have obediently followed every rehab advice each doctor has ever given me. I have been injected with cortisone several times and nothing except for a short 3-week phase of normalcy when they got my hip joint (let me tell you, a shot in the hip joint hurts like hell). Those were the most awesome 3 weeks EVER. But I was acutely aware that this meant something is not right with the joint.

Assumed analysis is labral damage, along with psoas tendon impingement. Assumed because my MR arthrogram shows none of this, but my doctor assures me that arthrograms are only 98% accurate. 98%??? Seriously, I have got to be one of the unluckiest people in the world. That's just awesome.

So the logical (more like the only option) next step is arthroscopic surgery. Mine will include psoas tendon release and poking around to check for labral tears, bone condition, and anything else that might look not normal around the hip area. Although I'm glad this procedure is not as invasive as open hip surgery, I'm also convinced it's not that small of a deal either. 3 inch and a half incisions and psoas release mean 4-6 months recovery time. If they do find labral tears, recovery will be more complex.

Fingers crossed. Let this be the end of it. Please.




1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of virtual hugs and hope your way girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete